[meteorite-list] West, Texas stone for sale. 6-7 grams Best offer gets it.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 06:42:43 -0800 (PST)

As we begin our 12th day of meteorite hunting here in West, a bit delayed due to non-stop activity and 29 degree morning, I have decided to offer up my 10th West meteorite find for sale.
I hate to do this, as I have only found 13 stones and given away 2 of them already. However, the trip expenses of two weeks in hotels and rental cars is adding up to more than I like.
I have so many people begging me for a stone, it is not fair and impossible for me to choose who gets it and for what price at this point.
It seems most people are now finding one or no stones per day, I have had 3 out of 12 days with no finds at all.

So, for the first time ever, I will take offers on this stone.
I can not set a price, but I know for a fact there is less than 3 kilograms of this meteorite found so far, and I plan to go home Tuesday, so only 2 more days of hunting out here.

The stone offered weighs 6 grams on a 10 kilo scale, so it actually weighs between 6 and 7 grams, more likely near 7 on the high end. I had dreams of large stones so I only brought the large scale.
This stone has flawless fusion crust, and a break on one end with light secondary crust frosting over the milky-white interior.

Highest offer by the time I get back from hunting at ~8 pm tonight takes it. Winner will be notified by email from me. It will include copies of all newspapers from Waco/West and Fort Worth that did stories about me, the meteorite and the hunt after it was found.
Michael Farmer