[meteorite-list] West, Texas For Sale - Best Offer

From: gmhupe at htn.net <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 10:00:47 -0500

Dear List Members,

I have been hunting here in West, Texas for eight days with three of those having found none. On
average I have found one stone per day, not too bad but with weather going from 85 degress down
to 35 degress and 40mph winds, it takes a toll on us. The hot days provided us a few stones, and
a couple of ticks from hunting through the woods. The cold days brought wind burn and froze any
part of the body exposed. It is all well worth it. I will write more about my adventure later
when I return home, most likely Tuesday night.

OK, now to what I would like to offer one of the eight stones I have found. I am offering here a
fully crusted ~18 gram stone that has one tiny ding (less than 1mm) that has a secondary crust so
it appears this stone hit another on its way down to earth after the meteor started to break
apart. It has great thumb printing and has an odd redish crust in a couple areas overlapped by
the typical black crust.

This will be for Best Offer by the end of our hunting day which will be about 9 PM Texas time.

I will include an emailed photo of the stone in-situ and a couple of newspapers to the winner.

Thank you,

Greg Hupe