[meteorite-list] Find a Falling Star for $35

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 21:20:12 -0800 (PST)

Hello Michael(s),

"Find a Falling Star" may be in less demand now days but within the past 10 years it was listed on eBay and sold for as little as $50 and upwards of $225 in the "for what it is worth flashback trivia moment" $35 is consistent with the going low end AEAIK. Amazon is a broker and so you may find the the very same specific copy by a specific seller listed for different prices on different broker sites.

If one can find it cheaper, then go for it-- IF content alone is what one is interested in. FAFS is not just a book but remains an obligatory piece of meteorite history and condition does affect value. For ole cantankerous me, I'd be hesitant to quibble the semantics of $5 in the whole scheme of things, especially when arriving to stake out my "spot" on the list under the premise of Snipe not lest ye be sniped.

Heck! lets do quibble semantics... te he he. We all know that when we hit "rock bottom" it means all the easy excavating has taken place and there is yet more under the bedrock top and soil bottom( hence the cliche` Rock Bottom) Whilst more may be found under rock bottom, the easy to locate has pretty much been exhausted. This is to illustrate that a rock bottom price is the lowest practical price and not necessarily the absolute low price.

Welcome to the List!

 Elton