[meteorite-list] West - Blue-Silvery Markings

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 02:34:07 +0000

Did anyone make note of what the marked meteorites landed on? In raku pottery, markings like this sometimes result from plunging a red-hot pot into a bed of combustible material,like grass or newspaper. We all know that 99 times out of 100, a meteorite is NOT hot when it touches down, but for that 100th exception...

Just my .2g,
Tracy Latimer