[meteorite-list] West - Blue-Silvery Markings

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:14:31 -0400

Robert & All,
I saw it in several West specimens as well while in Texas, but I've seen it
elsewhere, too. For example, here it is on a Murchison specimen:
http://www.fallingrocks.com/Collections/Murchison.htm. Never have bothered
to research the specific cause, but I'd imagine it's something that vanishes
rapidly after the first rains hit. By the way, I'm still blue-green with
envy over your son's fantastic recovery!
All best,
Dave
www.fallingrocks.com