[meteorite-list] Carancas Bull

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 07:52:46 -0400

Hiya,

My point was that an impact/blast that results in a mortality
producing shock wave is universally defined as an impact/blast
casualty. Your attempt to pull shock waves out of the equation in an
assessment of an impact/blast is akin to taking water out the equation
in a drowning.

Moving on, I feel I should clarify my position. I never liked the
term "hammer"---it feels so comic strip-y---and agree it's overused.
I agree with Anne's orthodoxy on the application of the term---except
as it pertains to the point addressed above.

All best / d,