[meteorite-list] February and August issues of Meteorite

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 04:28:00 -0700 (MST)

Hi Again Everyone:

I am starting to get questions about the February issue.

Yes, it is late. Fayetteville, Arkansas, where the magazine is published
(not warm, sunny, Tucson) had one of those bad ice storms at the end of
January which shut down the University of Arkansas for a week. That put
the publication date (normal late February) back more than a week. When
the February issue is finally mailed out, I will let you know.

As I said in my last email, Nancy and I are busy on the May issue and hope
to have it off to the publishers in 12 days (our deadline).

So, now it is time to think about the August issue (it never ends).
Because of the large number of fall articles (and some authors do not know
when to stop writing), we have an unusal number of articles that normally
would have made the May issue but will be delayed until the August issue
(I will be contacting all of the authors about this).

However, we still need articles for the August issue. So, if you are
interested in writing an article, please let me know. The sooner the
better. Our next deadline for receipt of articles is May 18. Even if you
have never written before, but you have a good idea for an article that
will be of interest of our readers, please contact us.

Thanks,

Larry