[meteorite-list] Dam Hammer

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:13:54 EDT

Greg,

I think all meteorite specimens have a story.

Some of the stories are lost. Some are preserved.

Some stories will be more appealing to some people than they will be to
others.

If a rock hit a pond, or a dam, or a car or a road, etc. it is all part of
that rock's story. Some people will appreciate a rock more depending on the
particular story (history) it has. Some people will value such a rock more,
and some will even pay more.

I think my job is to tell the story, and let the buyers value them the way
they personally choose.

Is it a hammer? I guess it is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I think that it being found just a few feet from water, where it
would have been lost forever, is kind of cool. If you are a bull dozer
operator, you might highly value that a rock impacted a man made dam. If you
live in Texas, you might like it. If you like oriented stones you might like
it. Lots of reasons to like it.

As a marketer, I am just trying to help people justify why they want to pay
a price for a rock I am selling. That's all.

Steve

.

.

In a message dated 3/18/2009 1:05:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,