[meteorite-list] Dam Hammer

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:27:47 -0400

Hello Steve,

I agree with telling the true story behind a meteorite's recovery is
valuable and everyone appreciates that. I think because of one person's
extreme desire to collect AND sell hammers (Michael Blood, and the founder
of the term 'hammer'), does not make that person the authority to start
adding all of these ridiculous qualifications to the table (or with the help
of other's). I personally think it cheapens the whole niche, and I am not
only talking financially.

Adding trees, dams, mounds, playfields, lawns and other man-made or touched
places is reaching to an extreme, and "yes", it does cheapen the true
"smashers". If these places were accepted as hammers, why not add ALL
meteorites as they ALL go through the ozone layer, which is man-made??!

Now, what does everyone think when I say all meteorites are falls, witnessed
or found? That should bring out the rest!

This whole conversation is simply, "Smashing!"

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection