[meteorite-list] Cosmic CollisionsTV update?

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:46:05 -0700

  Michael Gilmer wrote:

> Is there any update on what happened to the 3-part TV series
> "Cosmic Collisions" ? Discovery Channel aired one part, but then
> nothing else - unless I went into a coma and missed it.

Dear Mike:

Thank you for your interest in our show.

Funny you posted the question when you did, as I was just in touch
with the producer that same day. As you know, one installment has
already aired -- which was #3, I gather, and out of sequence (not that
it matters apparently). The meteorite episode is #2 out of 3, and our
production company informed me that they are expanding the hunting
segment -- good news, right? : ) -- and they promised to advise me
when an air date is locked. I will certainly post that news to the
List when I have it.

When I was first in negotiations with the company, I asked about a DVD
release, and they said, yes, it's likely that a DVD will be issued for
sale at some point in the future. This is the same company that
produced the very enjoyable "Meteors: Fire in the Sky," with Bob Haag,
Carolyn Shoemaker and David Levy back in 2005, so we have high hopes
for the new one. Steve #1 and I did three days on location with their
crew in Kansas, and I did an additional one-day shoot in Tucson,
jawing about what meteorites are, where they come from, and all that
stuff you already know.

Hopefully, one of these days, we'll actually get to see it.

I've posted this before, but for any new List members who don't know
what the heck we are talking about, you can see an on-location photo
journal of the shoot here:

http://www.aerolite.org/expeditions/brenham-2008/intro.htm

All the best from Tucson,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.meteoriteblog.org

p.s. Mike -- what's up with my MySpace friend request. Check your
mail there sir! : )