[meteorite-list] Fireballs From The Sky: Bombarded

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 08:22:43 -0700

Over the past few months or so I've been tracking many fireball
sightings and suspected new falls all over the world. Recently we've had
no fewer than 4 right here in the United States. Not to mention the
Denmark fall, Tamdaught, West, Westchester, Augusta, Sacramento, and the
Merced Fireball. And the largest meteorite fall in Canadian history
Buzzard Coulee! I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Now another big event near MD, VA area:
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=600&sid=1636442
<http://www.wtop.com/?nid=600&sid=1636442>

I asked this a week or so ago, but got very little response other than
"yeah sure".

Isn't this abnormally high meteor activity? Is our planet traveling
through a large field of asteroidal space debris right now? How can some
many fireballs and meteorite falls happen in such a short period of time
unless this were the case?

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA