[meteorite-list] Hampton Fireball- "news" video link

From: meteoritefinder at yahoo.com <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:19:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello List,

???Well, looks like we should have a pretty good idea where any meteorites might have landed. I mean, after all, the fireball was only " 5 FEET !! " above the house of this woman's mother, AND--- it was only going "60--70" miles per hour!!? Couldn't have gone TOO much farther, right?? ;-)? Another classic case of how little the general public understands the dynamics of a meteor, and how difficult it is to determine how far away a bright light at night might truly be.

?
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?
rn=4226712&cl=12727172&src=news

 Robert Woolard