[meteorite-list] Meteorite Fire or Bad Report?

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 15:43:04 EDT

>>METEOR STRIKE MAY HAVE CAUSED PEAT BOG FIRE NEAR CARLISLE<<

?It all happened in a split second,? said Paula, 29. ?I saw a light,
like a firework but a lot bigger. It shot across the sky. It was about
10pm and it was heading towards Carlisle."

It's the old, "If its bright enuf to see and cause a fire on the ground,
then it's big enuf to find a big hole and hear sonic booms. The sonics are
something a witness probably wouldn't have left out with any of their
reports. Also the descriptive words of, "It shot across the sky." indicates to me
they were describing any meteor seen as to being of cometary origin. Also
something not likely to drop a meteorite.

Again I would give this just three chances of happening...Fat, Slim and
No...highly unlikely. :O)
geozay

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377005x1201454319/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=May