[meteorite-list] Huge Daylight Fireball Video?

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:11:31 EDT

>>Combination of bad optics, dry air, hazy day, and setting sun equals
fireballs that last more than 4 minutes.... No wonder it looks like a
fireball.<<

You can add on to the above that the object was traveling away from you.
At night you will have folks seeing stationary lights that suddenly go out
when the plane is coming towards you. I use to have my observatory in the
mountains near Descanso, CA (near San Diego). The flight path from the east
went right over me. Quite often you would see small and large planes turn on
their landing lights momentarily just for some reassurances as to where
the mountains were...then shut them off.
GeoZay

**************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322941x1201367178/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd