[meteorite-list] Ash Creek Prices.

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:11:19 -0800 (PST)

First off, I would like to say I am not whining. I did not make any personal remarks towards you, and you are totally out of line...
The ONLY remark I made with your name in it was about Carancas and your experience. Perhaps you took that as negative, it was not. I was offering my opinions as to what helped push Carancas to the $100 mark.

I made comments that reflect my opinions on this issue, and I understand that they are not popular with some, but as I said, this is the result of what I have seen and the impression I have been given by watching some of the discussions on this list.

The issue concerning you and Steve, while I know nothing about it, did that need to become public issue? This even, you could have easily sent me an email off list. Instead you take the oppertunity to publicly flame and insult me. Over what? My opinions that certain meteorites are overpriced and artificially inflated?

I understand the costs involved in hunting can be high and I never have disputed that.

As I said before, I have been into meteorites for all of 3 years. I will be the first to admit that I dont know all of the details. I am trying to understand them and the politics involved in meteorites.

I want to ask, is it really good to show the conduct you do to new people trying to learn? Sure, my opinions may be incorrect, but the actions you just showed has only reinforced my feelings to a degree.

You could have left out all the personal remarks and been just as effective. Instead you choose to take shots at me for my feelings... Way to go.

Greg C.