[meteorite-list] Ash Creek Prices.

From: Greg Stanley <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:42:06 -0800

 <456462.77680.qm at web46409.mail.sp1.yahoo.com>

Wow:

What is it about Ash Creek that gets people so bent.=A0 I went there and fo=
und one stone in three days.=A0 I must say that being a meteorite dealer so=
unds like a tough business - especially now with the economy.=A0 I can cert=
ainly understand the secrecy since this is some peoples' livelihood and the=
y do invest a lot of money.=A0 I agree with Sonny=2C anyone can go hunt met=
eorites=3B all they need to do is do the research=2C and spend the money an=
d time to travel.=A0 I do it for fun and relaxation=2C and not for profit.=
=A0 I guess with all this - the demand for Ash Creek will continue to climb=
.

Greg S.=A0=20

> Date: Wed=2C 4 Nov 2009 10:11:19 -0800
> From: star_wars_collector at yahoo.com
> To: meteoritehunter at comcast.net
> CC: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
> Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Ash Creek Prices.
>
> First off=2C I would like to say I am not whining. I did not make any per=
sonal remarks towards you=2C and you are totally out of line...
> The ONLY remark I made with your name in it was about Carancas and your e=
xperience. Perhaps you took that as negative=2C it was not. I was offering =
my opinions as to what helped push Carancas to the $100 mark.

> I made comments that reflect my opinions on this issue=2C and I understan=
d that they are not popular with some=2C but as I said=2C this is the resul=
t of what I have seen and the impression I have been given by watching some=
 of the discussions on this list.

> The issue concerning you and Steve=2C while I know nothing about it=2C di=
d that need to become public issue? This even=2C you could have easily sent=
 me an email off list. Instead you take the oppertunity to publicly flame a=
nd insult me. Over what? My opinions that certain meteorites are overpriced=
 and artificially inflated?

> I understand the costs involved in hunting can be high and I never have d=
isputed that.

> As I said before=2C I have been into meteorites for all of 3 years. I wil=
l be the first to admit that I dont know all of the details. I am trying to=
 understand them and the politics involved in meteorites.

> I want to ask=2C is it really good to show the conduct you do to new peop=
le trying to learn? Sure=2C my opinions may be incorrect=2C but the actions=
 you just showed has only reinforced my feelings to a degree.

> You could have left out all the personal remarks and been just as effecti=
ve. Instead you choose to take shots at me for my feelings... Way to go.

> Greg C.

                                              =20