[meteorite-list] Meteorite Men 6 More Episodes

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:01:27 -0500

Looks like they got 6 more shows:

http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/23118

Science Channel Commissions More Meteorite Men
By Kristin Brzoznowski
Published: October 29, 2009
SILVER SPRING: Science Channel has commissioned LMNO Cable Group for six
further episodes of Meteorite Men, which chronicles modern-day treasure
hunters Geoff Notkin and Steve Arnold as they traverse North America in
search of lost pieces of our universe.

Slated to debut January, 20, 2010, Meteorite Men watches as the duo use
cutting-edge technology to detect remnants of meteorites and space debris.
For the new season, Notkin and Arnold are looking to find answers to The
Tucson Ring Mystery, an anomaly of the meteorite world. The pair head to
Odessa, Texas, to explore a 65,000 year-old meteor buried deep in the
ground, and scour West Texas for tiny pieces of the Ash Creek meteorite.

"Meteorite Men uniquely combines adventure with science," said Debbie Myers,
Science Channel's general manager. "Steve and Geoff are helping us learn
more about the universe by bridging the gap between the earth sciences and
their passion for finding and studying meteorites."

"There have been many reality television shows that have attempted to search
for 'visitors' from outer space," added Eric Schotz, the show's executive
producer. "With our new series, we are actually finding them. It is very
exciting to follow Steve and Geoff as they gather objects from space that
can answer all sorts of incredible questions about our past as well as our
future."

Phil Whitmer