[meteorite-list] sharing some pictures of little [suspect] irons

From: Michael Murray <mmurray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:46:38 -0700

Hi List,
Thought some of you might like to see some more pictures of my little
suspect irons that I have been trying to get cleaned up. It is a slow
process. Here is a few of them.

This little guy has what appears to be flow lines running down to the
point, wouldn't you say? It took some long soaks in naval jelly to
get it looking this clean. It's amazing what you can find when you
get the crud off of them.

<http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/mmurray_02/IMG_1118.jpg>

The next two pictures are of the same piece. I'm kind of glad I found
this one with the magnet rake and not my bicycle tire.
<http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/mmurray_02/IMG_1112.jpg>

<http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/mmurray_02/IMG_1113.jpg>

This is one of the weirdest pieces I have found. It is a shell of
iron filled with what appears to be chondritic material. It reminds
me of a three-minute egg with the top taken off. I believe I have at
least three pieces like this.
<http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/mmurray_02/IMG_1114.jpg>

I like how this one has a little finger on the one side, and how as it
cooled it kept what looks like flowing metal.

<http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/mmurray_02/IMG_1115.jpg>

Here are the two I have been trying to get the calcium cover off of.
One on left is 80% cleaned and the one on the right is just starting
to show through. I'm using CLR. Slow process but it works. First
time these two pieces have seen the light of day for probably a long
time.

<http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/mmurray_02/IMG_1119.jpg>

Mike in CO