[meteorite-list] Ash Creek Prices.

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 00:58:03 +0100

Hmm Jason,

I just returned from Munich show.
The halls were full of thousands of precious and semi-precious stones,
all of them mined by the tonnes a year - and most of them priced higher per
weight than any Ash Creek or any Lunar.

Can't follow that debate, we slowly should get aware, how amazingly rare
meteorites are and how amazingly cheap most of them still are.

If you think, Ash Creek is overpriced - don't buy it.
Buy the perfect individuals of the dozen of Maghreb falls at 2-4$.
Cause that opportunity, if I remember right, you had only twice or so in
history. With Allende the years after the fall and perhaps with luck with
the early Juanchengs.
(Only Alfianello was so cheap in the 1890ies and maybe Jilin, but these
didn't yield small individuals - o.k. I don't know, at which rates
fall-fresh Gaos were going in the 1960ies).

Cheers!
Martin