[meteorite-list] eBay "Questions" / photos

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 01:52:22 +0100

Gary Fujihara wrote:
>> 2: Up until recently one could download (a) photo(s) of what one was
>> Buying. Now, about 95% of the time one cannot. (It seams curiously
>> Inconsistent that in a very small minority of cases one still can....)
>
> I can download images if they are embedded in the text body on the
> ebay auction item page, by dragging them off the page and onto my
> desktop, for example). If the pictures are obtained by clicking on
> the thumbnail on the upper left portion of the ebay auction item page,
> to bring up another window that displays just the pictures, along with
> with thumbnails of additional images - then these images cannot be
> dragged and dropped or downloaded. I use a screen capture tool to be
> able to "acquire" those pictures.
>
> gary

If you use firefox instead of internet explorer then you could right
click on the page and select "Page info" and on the "Media" tab you
could select any image on the page and save with a simple click.

>> Do other list members have concerns about this shift in eBay?
>> RSVP to list, Michael

eBay is getting worse all the time, soon there will be other sites that
is jumping on the opportunity that eBay is creating for them. I can
hardly wait for it.

/G?ran