[meteorite-list] Angrite and Olivine Dioginite micrographs posted to the Gallery

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 14:39:49 EDT

Hi list, Most of you already know I have a Gallery of meteorite
micrographs hosted by Meteorite Times. I take the pictures and Paul sets up the
Galley.

We just added two new sets:
NWA 4662 Angrite
NWA 1877 Olivine Dioginite

Just go to:

http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/meteorites-alpha_frame.htm

select "Alphabetical" on the top and look for "NEW" in red in the menu to
the left.

We started a new thing last month. In the "Features" tab at the top we
have one micrograph (This month one of the NWA 4662 Angrite shots) in full
size. It is 12mp!!!

One other thing
Basalt micrographs:

I am working on a set of images of a terrestrial basalt. Tony Irving
produced the thin section and gave me the bad news (It was a planetary just not
from the planet I had wanted) They are beautiful!

Any interest in some plane old earth basalt micrographs?

Tom Phillips