[meteorite-list] A New Fresh (looking) Arizona Meteorite

From: Greg Stanley <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 21:38:35 -0700

 <80659e1a0910191440v351e1783w93df0d6747abd3cc at mail.gmail.com>

=20
Rubin:
=20
Congratulations on your most recent find - Hopper must be bringing you luck=
. In my experience you have to see the interior of the stone to determine =
if it is indeed fresh. I have found a few stones on lakebeds with a fresh l=
ooking fusion crust=2C but the interior has rust stains and is oxidized=3B =
one turned out to be W3 in classification. That said=2C it could be fresh a=
nd from a recent fall. You have more experience than me=2C so you should kn=
ow better than me. Looks like you may have to get it classified.
=20
BTW - on your other unique (possible achondrite) find in Arizona: does ther=
e appear to be oxidation (rust stains) in the interior. I did not see any.=
  Perhaps it is from the picture.
=20
Good luck=2C
=20