[meteorite-list] Auctions Ending Tonight

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:33:21 -0700

Hello All,
Those auctions I listed a while back are ending - tonight!

There are about five hours left at the moment on the following items:

1) A 2.06g Tamdakht fragment with a small patch of nicely textured
fusion crust. This is the result of a larger stone's violent
encounter with earth - not overly impressive in itself, but when one
thinks about what led to its formation - kind of awesome.

2) A 9.4g fragment of NWA 1953. This fragment represents about 1/7 of
the tkw, and has two large (3-4mm+) chondrules sticking out of it -
one of which is distincly green-grey in color. It's a nice completely
desert-varnished fragment of a fairly low NWA number with a very low
total known weight. There's a lot of fresh metal sticking out on the
bottom of the stone - I'm assuming this would be nice cutting
material. Also, check out the chondrule-void - killer hole on one end of it.

3) A .2257g cut fragment of Paragould. One of Nininger's first field
recoveries, and the largest witnessed fall at the time, Paragould is
one of the more historic American meteorites - second probably to
Weston, but significantly harder to acquire - and nicer, in my
opinion.

4) A 6.2g end-cut of NWA 1696 - again, a low tkw meteorite with a
pretty low NWA number. Also note - a weathering grade of one, and a
breccia of both unequilibrated and equilibrated material. Pretty neat
stone, a good example of a chondrite and of a breccia. While it isn't
the largest piece I will be listing, it is certainly the least-weathered.

All are visible at the following link:

http://shop.ebay.com/calimeteoritefinder/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Thanks,
Jason