[meteorite-list] Grimsby Trip Report Day 5

From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:30:35 -0700

Hello all

Writing now from Buffalo, New York. Grimsby is in the books for Mike and me
but some of the local scientists and collectors will soldier on and we wish
them all the best.

Today was part hunting and part "to do" list.

We said our goodbyes to Dr's Hildebrand, McCausland, and Brown at the front
desk of our hotel where we found the local paper handy will full color page
one (and two) news covering the finds so far.

Bandli and I set out to a local vineyard to search a few rows before we were
met by Mike Farmer, Jim Stope and Patrick Herrmann. Light rain was on and
off.

We broke for lunch and set out our separate ways as Jim and Mike were headed
to the airport and Patrick had to be home for another obligation.

After lunch we went to the news office for more papers where showed off our
stone and talked some more with the reporter who ended up hunting at the
vineyard later that day. Next was the post office to send the stone to a
contact in Canada while we decide what to do with it. Again, the folks at
the counter were interested. Photos at the Grimsby sign were next followed
by a few more hours of unsuccessful hunting.

No finds were made by any teams as far as I know. The next few days are
rain.

We want to thank the people of Grimsby who were all exceedingly friendly and
accommodating, especially the folks at Puddicombe Farms. We look forward to
drinking the wine from the vineyard we are now all so familiar with.

Until the next fall we can get to, may it come soon and to a town near all
of us.

Rob and Mike