[meteorite-list] Thomas Jefferson in 1807 commented thathe didn't believe the Weston Meteorite fell out of the sk

From: Matt Morgan <mail_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 14:03:58 +0000

Jefferson's famous quote is researched in the book "The History of Meteorites and Key Meteorite Collections" (2006). In summary, the book states that it is hearsay and "would not be acceptable in a court of law". Basically there is no truth to the matter; no documentation of him ever saying those words.

Matt Morgan