[meteorite-list] Let's talk about meteorites

From: Arlene Schlazer <piebear_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 19:08:29 -0700

Very interesting--thank you for that explanation--that explains all my
silicated irons....now
I have a question regarding the bandwith of the Widmanstatten pattern on
various irons--what exactly determines if it's a "fine", "medium" or
"course" octahedrite....is it the length of time it took to cool in space?
I have a fairly large collection of irons and I'd like to have a clearer
understanding of what determines the pattern.....thanks....Arlene Schlazer