[meteorite-list] looking for a reference site for meteorite mineral identification

From: Michael Murray <mmurray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:17:12 -0600

Hi All,
I was wondering where on the www some of you might direct a person to
find a good reference site for identifying meteorite minerals.
Something that a layman could digest that includes crystal information
and commonly occurring colors of the different minerals, etc. I am
trying to find out what a colorless almost quartz looking material
is. Looks like the color of dishwater. It is the majority
constituent of the matrix. It's not heavy like quartz. I found one
very good site nau.edu. I'd like to find a couple more if they are
out there and accessible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike in CO