[meteorite-list] Credit where credit is more than due

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:56:24 -0700 (PDT)

I know that most businesses never hear anything but complaints, and I've expressed my share on this list too.

I just want to let everyone know of a dealer going above and beyond, WAY above, and offer some praise here instead of complaint.

I ordered a small slice of Gujba, just a couple of grams, for my type set from Eric Twelker a short while ago. When it hadn't arrived, I inquired if it had been sent and when, just to make sure it hadn't gotten lost in the mail. He responded quickly that he was away but would check on it as soon as he returned home. Finding he had made a mistake, he apologized that he hadn't yet sent it and said it'd be on its way that day. That was on Saturday.

I just went out to the mailbox to find my slice already delivered with $21+ postage on the envelope! I'm still shocked. Totally unexpected and in my case, unnecessary. He could have sent it via normal 1st class mail and I would have been happy with that, but he made the extra effort and loss of profit to make a very small mistake in mind very much more than right.

Eric's website

http://www.meteoritemarket.com/mmhomef.htm

--
Richard Kowalski