[meteorite-list] get together

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:07:35 -0700

Melanie,
I don't know how to organize any such show but I will say that if you come to the Tucson show it is a meteorite lovers heaven.
Every major dealer in the World is there and they bring their best stuff. All of their best stuff. The show is spread around town in different hotels and the rooms are set up like mini museums. You get to not only see but actually hold any thing you want.
I remember back in I think it was around 1990 , I walked into Bob Haags room and he handed me this small rock. I examined it carefully and his words were( as he cupped his hands beneath mine) " You are holding an actual piece of the moon". This was calcalong creek and was the first Moon rock available to private collectors. Yes, I held it in my hands without gloves and it was not encased in Plexiglas.
Nowadays between Michael Bloods auction which includes twinks meteorite cake and the meteorite Men's Birthday bash which includes the Harvey awards ( as in Harvey Nininger) . It is a vacation of a lifetime.
I can honestly say once you attend this show you will think about nothing else for months.
It is during Tucson's best weather period and peek tourist season so hotel rates are at a premium but again it is well worth every nickel spent. Tucson also has world class restaurants and golf while not admiring at space rocks and dinosaurs and world class gems and minerals as well. Did I mention a jewelry paradise and all at wholesale pricing.
Good luck meeting elsewhere but please try not to miss Tucson. Carl

--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax