[meteorite-list] AD... Time to get back to work

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 16:48:50 -0700

Hi Eric and all,
        As long as no bid has been placed, it is entirely ethical to remove
An item from an auction. Once ANY bid has been placed, removing
that item is very much an illegal action and, more importantly, an
unethical action (who would prosecute it as a crime given the eBay
venue?). In a live auction, the auctioneer is legally bound to continue
To the conclusion any auction item upon which a legitimate bid has
been placed.
        Best wishes, Michael