[meteorite-list] Flow lines on the INSIDE! Not.

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:55:52 -0700

Hello Guido, Piper, Mike, All,
Ah, excellent clarification - makes a lot more sense, but -
I'd still have to say that any lines on the "surface" of the iron
would be artifacts of the corrosive process or of your cleaning of the
iron. I put surface in quotes, because, as has already been stated,
after cleaning an iron like a Nantan, what you're looking at
originated likely more than a few centimeters below the original
surface of the meteorite.
If you could take some pictures, I'd be curious to see..
Thanks, Regards,
Jason