[meteorite-list] The Wonder Of Meteorites - AstroDay Festival

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 06:55:57 -1000

Indeed Matt, I concur. Andddd Jeff ... I would like to ask your permission to use a high res version on a kiosk at my exhibit at our AstroDay Festival this weekend. Let me know if can do.

And, for those on the metlist who will be on Hawai'i Island this weekend, two things:

1. The volcano is going off and the flow is visible by the public via a short hike in the park.

2. 9th Annual AstroDay Festival, which celebrates astronomy and Hawaiian culture will return to the Prince Kuhio Plaza in Hilo on the Big Island from 10-4. The event features interactive exhibits and displays from every observatory on Mauna Kea, Hawaiian cultural groups, science centers and musical performances throughout the day. My institute will have spectroscopy demo/activities, and liquid nitrogen demos (or, how to have fun freezing things). Thanks to event partners Celestron, we will be giving away several telescopes at the event. Oh, and rumor has it that the Big Kahuna will be there with a few of his friends. Come on over and see one of the biggest and best astronomy day events in the world: http://astroday.net

Mahalo,
gary