[meteorite-list] Darryl Futrell on flanged tektite prices (Was: Spectacular Tektite on eBay)

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 23:22:14 -0500

Hello List,

As I read all of the posts about the discussion of Tektite
prices.........all I can do is hang my head. :-(

Another good investment that I didn't pay any attention to. I honestly
never really liked the look of most of them and thought the dumbbells were
kind of cool, but was a little baffled since I was only interested in
meteorites and Libyan Desert Glass and some other impact glass.

The flanged tektites I must admit always reminded me of marbles with a
Saturn ring around them.... Too bad I didn't buy them back 10 years ago when
they were a little less.. Just think, $1,000-$2,000-$5,000 USD wouldn't be a
bad return on something for $700-900 back then.

Ah, such is life! ;-)

All the best!
Brian