[meteorite-list] Darryl Futrell on flanged button prices (Was:Spectacular Tektite on eBay)

From: W&S Schroer <schroer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:38:15 +0930

Hi Rob, list,

Rob, I'm happy to see that my former companion is still in good hands. ;)

I would not use hot glue on a flanged button, I even would be very careful
with any kind of mineral tack, if you haven't used it before on a long term
basis and know whether it is stable. During my years of collecting minerals
I've seen quite frequently remnants of some kind of mineral tack stuck to a
specimen that could not be removed.

An experienced curator pointed me to this product:
'Tereson', manufactured by www.henkel-technologies.com in Europe. (Product #
IDH-Nr. 150002 or Art.-Nr. 128.96S)

It seems to be chemically stable and doesn't seep into the specimens as most
other products sooner or later do. I've used it on minerals, tektites and
meteorite specimens, and on your australite, Rob. Let me know if you can't
buy the product, I can send you a sample for your australite.

Cheers
Werner Schroer