[meteorite-list] Newcomers and the Meteorite world

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:37:20 -0700 (PDT)

I have often thought that also, its a great point you mentioned. For me with my interest in space, now knowing I can own pieces of it... I just could not imagine not having a collection and would be sad not to have one after having what I do now.

Im not saying its bad to sell but not collect, there is good money in selling meteorites and I doubt many would argue that. I just was surprised to find that other dealers, and a fair amount of them dont have personal collections.

To understand and know about meteorites and sell them but not collect them is just something I just could not do.

I have enjoyed reading the replies to this and thank those that have shared pictures of their collections. Been a good discussion so far!

Hope everyone is doing good,

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com (Home of the $100 per gram angrite)
IMCA member 4682