[meteorite-list] C is for collectors

From: Steve Dunklee <steve.dunklee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:14:33 -0700 (PDT)

Seems to me the C in IMCA stands for collectors. If it was a dealer orginazation it would be the IMDA. When shopping on the internet for meteorites or related material I know I can trust the high ethics of members of the IMCA that any purchase made is of the highest standards and quality. With my being a collector and not a dealer I guess I should buck up some day and join the IMCA. I applaude Adam Hupe and the other deaers taking massive cutting losses to provide small economical samples of some awesome rare material to the small potatoe collectors like myself. Its not in my budget yet but in order to have a sample of every main class and not anomolus meteorite. My wish list is an Angrite, Lodranite, and Brachinite. With a few exceptions I have samples over 20grams of nearly everything else. I have been trying to collect both a slice and an individual of every class. Some day on one of my daily walks, knowing what the stuff looks like It would be nice
 to make my own find. Have a great day! Steve