[meteorite-list] The emperor of angrites

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 22:57:10 -0700 (PDT)

It is a nice stone, I doubt anyone could argue that. With a Total known weight of over 16kg, there is more of it then all other angrites put together. Very nice to have so much available to collectors. Over half the weight of all angrites in one stone... wow. Makes my 235g angrite look so small. The main mass of yours weights 16kg more then my whole stone did.

But at $500 per gram those that cant afford a sample of that can turn to my NWA 6291 "King of Angrites" which is priced at well under $300 per gram less with a considerable amount lower total known weight (even with potential pairings) Isnt having choices a great thing!

Even if NWA 6291 is paired to a meteorite that is unique to the angrite class, NWA 6291 stands out from its paired material (NWA 2999) so much, the people who recovered it even questioned the person that did the classification on both of 6291 and its pairing 2999!!!

How exciting is that? An angrite that is paired to a unique class like 2999, but totally unique from that one in appearance.

Two good options for buyers.

NWA 6291 angite for well under $200 per gram
http://www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com/NWA_6291.php

D'Orbigny for $500 per gram or more?
http://www.etmeteorites.com/meteoritesforsale/dorbignyangrite.html

Hope everyone is doing well!