[meteorite-list] Cyanobacteria in meteorites?

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 16:39:50 -0500

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 13:26:31 -0700, you wrote:

>Ok, I'll go with that first part... But why do you doubt fossilized
>microbes in carbonaceous meteorites?

One, because the "report" so far utterly lacks the extreme degree of scientific
rigor needed for such an extreme story and two, because it flies in the face of
"common sense" plausibility for complex life (and yes, bacteria are complex
life) could have evolved on a carbonaceous chondrite parent body before it went
cold and dry. I'm going to need much, much, much more evidence than an article
at a wingnut "panspermia" site.