[meteorite-list] Private involvement helping science

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:08:17 -0700

Hi Mike, You bring up a valid and accurate point. Private sector
meteorite hunters have provided meteorites for study for decades, and
have grown institutional collections ever bigger over the years. Many
privately funded meteorite hunters have supplied thousands upon
thousands of meteorites to both institutions and the private sector for
study and collection. Many thousands of meteorites have been discovered,
recovered, classified, studied, analyzed, and new scientific discoveries
have been made as a result. It really feels good to be a part of
discovery, and the science. To get people involved at a grassroots level
is what will grow this science and lead to more discoveries. There's
nothing like meteorite hunting!

Yay for private sector meteorite hunters!

Regards,
Eric