[meteorite-list] Glenn Huss 2nd meteorite collection

From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:30:05 -0700

Hello Bill,

The "first" Huss Collection was built within the workings of American
Meteorite Laboratory as successor to the American Meteorite Museum
(Nininger).

The Second Huss Collection was the personal collection of Glenn and
Margaret. I believe it was acquired by NHMV sometime in the 1980's. In the
Second Huss Collection of Meteorites (1986), Glenn states that it was
started in 1958 and was financed by personal funds.

Since the AML was established in 1960, both collections ran in parallel for
a period of time.

Cheers!

Mike Bandli
Historic Meteorites