[meteorite-list] AD-Breja slices and endcut, Johnstown ringer

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 10:31:06 -1000

Aloha,

Breja LL6
Although all of my Breja (fall, 5/1/2010, Morocco) individuals have found new homes, I am happy to announce that some full and part slices, and endcuts are available. Preliminary studies indicate an ordinary chondrite LL6 classification for this stone that features fresh black velvety fusion crust and flecks of nickel iron and troilite within its pale matrix. All slices were beautifully cut by Matt Morgan, and come in a labeled display box. Specimens in different sizes to fit most budgets are offered, but supply is limited.
http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Taouz.html

NWA 6421 Brecciated Diogenite
If you don't have a piece of Johnstown, you may want to take a look at this new desert diogenite. A monomict breccia composed mainly of randomly oriented single grains of orthopyroxene (containing chromite inclusions) plus sparse polycrystalline diogenite clasts in a coarse grained matrix of orthopyroxene, chromite troilite and rare olivine and fresh metal. Full slices and endcuts of this stunningly beautiful meteorite can be seen here:
http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/NWA6421.html

Gary Fujihara
Big Kahuna Meteorites (IMCA#1693)
105 Puhili Place, Hilo, Hawai'i 96720