[meteorite-list] Martian Meteorites

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 13:01:52 -0800 (PST)

I wouldn't call it hype when a major institution like the University of Toronto
announces it:

http://skymania.com/wp/2010/04/new-meteorite-clues-to-life-on-mars.html

This has nothing to do with sales on my part. I only have a few milligrams
left of NWA 998 to sell unless somebody wants the main mass which is currently
not for sale. People who bought some of this in the past should be happy since
I was told by a researcher that it is much, much more rich in presumed fossils
than the world famous ALH 84001. They are trying to prove this without a
doubt as mentioned in the article. I find this very exciting and nothing to do
with hype.

I was just making the point that there are a lot flakes out there gathering
media attention with crazy claims of alien life and posting outrageous prices to
the press. It seems when a reliable institution makes an announcement, it goes
largely ignored. Why is this?

Adam