[meteorite-list] NASA Finds New Life Form

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 13:09:14 -0800

I saw something else on (I think) The History Channel with another life form near Mono Lake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o2-xj_axpY&feature=related

NASA didn't mention anything about this, did they?

Carl2

Adam wrote:
>I saw a show on one of the educational channels over a year ago which discussed
the bacteria living in poisonous Mono Lake. They nearly touched on this very
issue when discussing extremaphiles. Look at how small (~1 micron) the
bacteriais. I remember this being one of the reasons for discounting the fossils in
ALH84001 which were said to be too small to support DNA...