[meteorite-list] NASA Finds New Life Form

From: Mark Ford <mark.ford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 09:54:03 -0000

To be honest i'm not sure their paper is that much more flawed than many
papers of this type are - after all the point of publishing a paper is
simply to initiate discussion, encourage people to repeat the experiment
and prompt for counter arguments. They can't answer all the questions in
one paper. I think the mistake many people make is attach too much
weight to one lonely science paper, rather, we should wait until others
have repeated/refuted the claims.

 I think the problem comes from a PR point of view when they do 'world
wide' announcements, that are over hyped up. They seemingly didn't learn
from the Martian meteorite life one did they..

The danger of using the 'NASA' name to seemingly add creedance to a
claim in this way, is at some point you are going to shoot yourself in
the foot, and when (if) they do ever find real alien life, is any one
going to believe it?

Mark