[meteorite-list] Question about lost shipment and what to do.

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:46:48 -0500

Hi Mike,

Take the signature confirmation receipt to the PO and have them check
their computer (which is updated sooner and more often than the web
version).

If the package was signed for, then you are off the hook for it.

If the package wasn't signed for, then the PO should be able to track
it in detail because the label number on signature confirmation is a
true tracking number, unlike delivery confirmation which is not.

It might be sitting at the destination post office because nobody was
at home to sign for it. I've notice that even with signature
confirmation, the web tracking is spotty at best. I've had packages
go without a status update, even when the package was delivered and
signed for. I guess it just depends on who scans the package and who
is working in the computer room at the moment.

Good luck and don't feel bad about using USPS. I've had 10 times as
many problems with UPS and never use them any more.

Best regards,

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Meteorite Top List - http://meteorite.gotop100.com