[meteorite-list] Question about lost shipment and what to do.

From: Mike Miller <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:18:23 -0700

Hi all, I shipped a priority flat rate box on Dec 6th and it was
scanned and left the Las Vegas sort facility on the same evening. Now
ever since it has just said it was in transit to its destination. I
did use a signature confirmation. The bad news is it is a meteorite
that I sold for several thousand dollars.......I know but it is too
late to register and insure the package. I am hoping there is some one
who investigates something like this because I don't think the item
was lost it was in a flat rate box, hard to miss that lying on the
floor. So if it is gone then I am guessing someone has stolen it.
Input would be helpful....and I guess the moral of the story is
shipped expensive items insured and registered, they can go missig
even from state to state.

--
Mike Miller 3835 E Nicole Ave Kingman Az 86409
www.meteoritefinder.com