[meteorite-list] Fwd: Lorton meteorite should be 'the people's rock'

From: George Blahun Jr <ks1u_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 23:29:19 -0500

Bob:
      You make a good point, but I think liability laws, which vary state to state are pretty complex. Hopefully, as you suggested some actual legal opinion will be offered. I had a business law professor in college say that the law looks for someone to pay regardless of whether a person is actually responsible. It may not win in court, but I'll bet the legal argument for someone being hit by a meteorite in a doctor's office would be something like, there is an implied guarantee of safety when entering the building.

George