[meteorite-list] Casting stones

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:31:31 -0800

Hi Jason,

I doubt I'll be the only list member to opine that the good things
that Sonny Clary has done -- and continues to do -- for meteoritics
and the meteorite community carry far more weight than the one
painful misstep that you've singled out. Who among us has not made
an unfortunate decision at some point in his or her life that they
wish could be undone? For instance, do you heap similar scorn on Bob
Haag for his 1992 Campo incident in Argentina?

If you have the good fortune to ever meet either of these men, you
will find them to be friendly, engaging, passionate individuals.
These qualities (not to mention Sonny's considerable skills) are
what made him an attractive choice for Geoff and Steve's show.

Best,
Rob