[meteorite-list] Degrees in Meteoritics

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:30:01 -0800

Hi Steve and all,
        With few exceptions, it matters little what one major is in when
Getting a BA. In fact, most graduate schools prefer to take students
With a different BA than the focus of the Masters or PhD program
To which they are applying. They openly state they prefer to see
Students from broad backgrounds in their programs.
        Of course, if one wants to be a medical doctor, an engineer or
Seeks a 2 year professional AA, then, of course, one's major matters
Far more.
        Therefore, I encourage you to feel no hesitation at all in
recommending, or at least informing students of colleges that offer
opportunities in the field of meteoritics.
        This is an example of one of the many ways METEORITE MEN
Are a service to the meteorite community.
        Best wishes, Michael