[meteorite-list] Meteorite Men - Where do the dollar valuescomefrom?

From: meteorhntr at aol.com <meteorhntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 06:14:31 +0000

Jason,

I agree getting $700,000 in green bills is a long shot, but if it can be traded for, say 14 items each in the $50,000 range, and those could be converted to green cash, is it wrong to say it is worth that.

Need I remind everyone that the finder of the Tagish Lake 800 gram rock (similar in size and composition as Sonny's) got $800,000 in Canadian money for his find.

Sonny is in the business, and as such, he really might realize $700k for his CM1 rock over time. Could he take it to a pawn shop in vegas and get $700,000? No, I would think not.

But if someone else finds a CM1 here in the US and wants to sell theirs for $72/g ($50,000 / 699g) then cool.

Steve